It all comes down to this, folks. The final hurrah of the regular season. Conference Championship Week is upon us. So, since there are only 7 conference championship lined up, we’ll have to wait another week to decide our final winner, as the winner of last weeks effort, yours truly, decided to make the Army-Navy game the tie breaker. So here are the 7 big games, and a couple of games from the FCS (the Division 1-AA), for you to pick. Get those guesses in by Friday night, December 1, @8:00EST, when the PAC-12 decides its champion.
1. PAC-12: Stanford vs USC
2. American Athletic: Memphis vs Central Florida
3. Big 12: TCU vs Oklahoma
4. SEC: Georgia vs Auburn
5. Mountain West: Fresno State Vs Boise State
6. ACC: Miami vs Clemson
7. B1G Ten: Ohio State vs Wisconsin
8. SWAC: Alcorn State vs Grambling
9. FCS 2nd round: Northern Iowa vs South Dakota State
10. Tie breaker (December 9)- guess winner and final score: Army vs Navy
This looks to be the most challenging week of all, since most of the teams are in the Top 10, and all the games mean something. Some of the winners will be in the national Championship Series. Stay tuned!
It’s time for Week 13 of Pigskin Picks. So, along with the leftover turkey, have some football. Pick early, folks. The first game is Friday afternoon when Mizzou takes on Arkansas. This is Rivalry Week, and I find it interesting that these two schools in states that border each other haven’t had a rivalry until Mizzou joined the SEC a few years back.
So here are your 10 picks. If you believe in luck, pick away. And even if you don’t, it’s all for fun anyway.
Remember, choose by Friday, November 24, 2017 @ 2:30 EST.
1. Mizzou @ Arkansas
2. South Florida @ Central Florida
3. Iowa @ Nebraska
4. Virginia Tech @ Virginia
5. Georgia @ Georgia Tech
6. Purdue @ Indiana
7. Florida State @ Florida
8. Alabama @ Auburn (the Iron Bowl)
9. Arizona @ Arizona State
10. Tie Breaker: Texas Tech @ Texas. Pick the winner and the final score.
PS- Since this is being sent before the new rankings come out, you’ll have to guess which teams are in the Top 25.
It’s the dozenth week in college football. There are dozens of teams playing, and a few are on their dozenth game. For some reason (think $), a few top ranked teams are playing teams from a lower division this week, getting a break from the tough competition (Alabama vs. Mercer, for instance). So, in honor of that, I’ve thrown in a game from the FCS, which are the mid-major universities that actually have a playoff to determine a national champion. Both those teams are doing well this season.
So, make your picks by the dozenth hour after midnight, Eastern Time, Saturday (that’s 12 NOON).
1. Georgia Tech @ Duke
2. Syracuse @ Louisville
3. Northern Arizona (7-3) @ Southern Utah (8-2)
4. Nebraska @ Penn State
5. Texas A&M @ Ole Miss
6. UCLA @ USC
7. Arizona @ Oregon
8. Air Force @ Boise State
9. Pillow Fight: UMass @ BYU (both teams are at 3-8)
10. Tie breaker (pick winner and score): Texas @ West Virginia
Another week of upsets has come and gone. This week looks to provide more excitement as some Top 10 teams go against each other. And a few lower ranked teams hope to move up the ladder to have a chance at the National Championship. Here are your chosen ten games. Chas chose the tie breaker, after winning for the first time in Pigskin Picks history (and maybe ever since Anlir started this way back when in the old WMB).
Pick by 12 Noon EST Saturday. Make sure you get the score of the tie breaker as well as the winner.
1. #12 Michigan State @ #13 Ohio State
2. #15 Ok State @ #21 Iowa St
3. Duke @ Army
4. Florida @ So Carolina
5. Indiana @ Illinois
6. #1 Georgia @ #10 Auburn
7. #20Iowa @ #8 Wisconsin
8. #6 TCU @ #5 Oklahoma
9. Pillow Fight: San José State (1-9) @ Nevada (1-8)
Here are the ten teams for the 10th week of college football. Some of these games are important to the post season playoffs. Others are just excuses for people to go and act joyously crazy with thousands of their closest friends as their team gains a victory, or cry when their team gets beaten by a lesser foe.
And it’s an opportunity for my blog friends to show how much they know about college football. Or how well/badly they are at guessing.
Choose before 12 NOON Saturday.
1. #7 Penn State @ #24 Michigan State
2. #14 Auburn @ Texas A&M
3. Florida @ Mizzou
4. #5 Oklahoma @ #15 Oklahoma State
5. #15 Iowa State @ West Virginia
6. #21 Stanford @ #25 Washington State
7. Army @ Air Force
8. #22 Arizona @ #17 USC
9. Pillow Fight: Baylor (0-8) @ Kansas (1-7)
10. Tie Breaker:Pick winner and final score – Clemson @ NC State
It’s getting to be crunch time. Most teams have played half their games. Many are out of contention for anything but bragging rights in a rivalry game. The Top 10 teams keep losing, so the playoff picture looks interesting. And we have had only one repeat winner.
So without any further ado, here are your choices for Week 8. Mumsee picked the tie breaker since she won last time. Or should I say, since Idaho Mike won for her. Send in those entries before 9:30PM EDT Friday, 10/20/17.
1. #10 Oklahoma State @ Texas
2. Purdue @ Rutgers
3. Louisville @ Florida State
4. Idaho @ Mizzou (Hint: Both teams are really bad this year.)
5. Temple @ Army
6. Pitt @ Duke
7. #20 Central Florida @ Navy*
8. #11 Southern Cal @ Notre Dame (This is the only big showdown this week. Should be exciting to watch.)
9. Pillow Fight: BYU @ East Carolina (Both teams have records of 1-6)
10. Tie Breaker – Pick the winner and the score: Air Force @ Nevada