It’s getting to be crunch time. Most teams have played half their games. Many are out of contention for anything but bragging rights in a rivalry game. The Top 10 teams keep losing, so the playoff picture looks interesting. And we have had only one repeat winner.
So without any further ado, here are your choices for Week 8. Mumsee picked the tie breaker since she won last time. Or should I say, since Idaho Mike won for her. Send in those entries before 9:30PM EDT Friday, 10/20/17.
1. #10 Oklahoma State @ Texas
2. Purdue @ Rutgers
3. Louisville @ Florida State
4. Idaho @ Mizzou (Hint: Both teams are really bad this year.)
5. Temple @ Army
6. Pitt @ Duke
7. #20 Central Florida @ Navy*
8. #11 Southern Cal @ Notre Dame (This is the only big showdown this week. Should be exciting to watch.)
9. Pillow Fight: BYU @ East Carolina (Both teams have records of 1-6)
10. Tie Breaker – Pick the winner and the score: Air Force @ Nevada
It was a wild week in college football last week. Two top 10 teams lost to unranked teams. What will happen this week? Here are the choices you’ll have from which to pick. Janice picked an easy tie breaker. The hard part will be deciding how much of a blow-out it’ll be. I’ve made a few comments to maybe help those few who haven’t done too well lately.
1. Florida State @ Duke
2. South Carolina @ Tennessee
3. Kansas @ Iowa State (ISU knocked off Oklahoma last week in the biggest upset of the year so far.)
4. #10 Auburn @ LSU (Tigers vs Tigers. It’s hard to win in Baton Rouge if you are the visiting team.)
5. #12 Oklahoma @ Texas at the Cotton Bowl stadium (The Red River Rivalry continues. Can Oklahoma come back from the embarrassment?)
6. Navy @ Memphis
7. Appalachian State @ Idaho
8. Boise State @ San Diego State
9. UCLA @ Arizona
10. Tie Breaker: Baylor @ #14 Oklahoma State – Guess the score and the winner. (Hint: Baylor hasn’t won any games this year, though they almost beat Oklahoma. If they win this, it’ll be the biggest upset of the century.)
I think this will be a fun week to see who can guess the best, as most of these games are hard to pick. Sorry. It’s the end of the quarter at my school, and the middle of the season, so consider this the midterm exam.
Here we go again. Last week we improved from Week 4 with the lowest score being 6 out of 10 instead of 3 for 10. We’ll see how this one turns out. The fall is flying by. With October comes the end of the baseball season and the beginning of basketball and hockey. It’s also the time when football gets interesting. Teams start playing within their conferences and the competition gets tougher. Of course, this year the powers that be tried to make it more interesting at the beginning by scheduling power houses against each other, instead of all the early games being great teams having a practice game against also-rans. So, here are your choices this week.
Get those guesses in byFriday night, 10:00PM EDT.
1. Boise State @ BYU
2. Ole Miss @ #12 Auburn
3. #13 Miami @ FSU
4. AFA @ Navy
5. Army @ Rice
6. Arkansas @ South Carolina
7. KSU @ Texas
8. Arizona @ Colorado
9. B1G 10 Pillow Fight: Illinois (0-1) @ Iowa (0-2) These are conference records.
10. Tie Breaker: Guess the winner and the score – Michigan State @ #7 Michigan
Kevin doesn’t know if his tie breaker choice will be good for that, but I think it’ll definitely be the decider this week, as anything can happen when the Spartans and Wolverines go at it.
Four. That is an even number. It is 3 + 1. We’ve had three weeks of these picks, and three different winners. Will this week make four of us? Or will there be a repeat. Try it for yourself, folks. Tychicus was last week’s winner, so he picked a good game for the tie breaker. It won’t be easy this time. Oh, and for the ladies, I picked the Hawai’i game, since their mascot is the colorful Rainbow. I did that because in the past, some of the ladies chose their picks based on the team colors. So how could they go wrong with a Rainbow? (Should I mention their uniforms are green and black with white?)
Okay, on with the game. Post your choices by Noon EDT Saturday (that’s 9:00AM for the Pacific coasters).
1 Texas Tech @ Houston
2 Army @ Tulane
3 Duke @ North Carolina
4 Cincinnati @ Navy
5 #17 Mississippi St @ #11 Georgia
6 Notre Dame @ Michigan State
7 Hawai’i @ Wyoming
8 UCLA @ Stanford
9 Pillow Fight: Georgia State (0-2) @ Charlotte (0-3)
10 Tie breaker: Pick winner and final score: #16 TCU @ #6 Oklahoma State
Week 3 is here. Janice is not available to pick a tie breaker so she deferred to me. This week has a pillow fight of sorts. Purdue goes to Mizzou. Both teams have records of 1-1, but have been struggling the last couple of years. Let’s see which one can overcome the blahs. Sorry this intro is not up to past efforts, but who reads this part, anyway?
The first game is Friday night @ 10:15 EDT, so pick before then.
1. Baylor @ Duke
2. #23 Tennessee @ #24 Florida
3. Notre Dame @ Boston College
4. Oregon State @ #21 Washington State
5. #12 LSU @ Mississippi State
6. Kentucky @ So. Carolina
7. #3 Clemson @ #14 Louisville
8. Idaho @ Western Michigan
9. Pillow Fight: Pur-don’t @ Mizz-ew
10. Tie breaker: Pick winner and score – Arizona @ UTEP
PS- There is no prize, especially no car to win. You get bragging rights and the chance to pick the next tie breaker game. Nothing else. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
Week 2 is here. Some very interesting games in store, including several Top 25 matchups, the biggest being the Big 12’s Oklahoma traveling to the B1G’s Ohio State. Tychicus chose the tie breaker this week.
Have at it, folks.
1. Iowa @ Iowa State
2. Buffalo @ Army
3. Tulane @ Navy
4. So. Carolina @ Mizzou
5. #5 Oklahoma @ #2 Ohio State
6. Auburn @ #3 Clemson
7. #15 Georgia @ #24 Notre Dame
8. Houston @ Arizona
9. Boise State @ #20 Washington State
10. Tie Breaker: UT-San Antonio @ Baylor – Pick winner and final score