The number eight. The Beatles had a popular song called “Eight Days a Week”. “Eight is Enough” was a popular TV show years ago. Eight wins in a college football season is pretty good. But here at Pickled Pigskins we can’t seem to get to that number correct. Only three of us have been able to get 8 or more correct out of ten games. And most weeks 6 gets a win, including Idaho Mike last week. Let’s see if we can improve. In order to help us out, I’ve included current overall and conference records for each team.
Have at it. Just get it done by NOON EDT Saturday.
It’s week 7. Some say 7 is lucky. I don’t believe in lucky numbers. But Mumsee seems to have the numbers behind her, winning 3 times! That’s half the contests so far. Can she make it 2 in a row, 4 total? We’ll see. She actually picked a big B1G 10 game for the tie breaker.
Guess away, folks. Just guess by NOON EDT Saturday.
1. Iowa @ Indiana
2. Oklahoma State @ Kansas State
3. Duke @ Georgia Tech
4. Louisville @ Boston College
5. #2 Georgia @ #13 LSU
6. #7 Washington @ #17 Oregon
7. Temple @ Navy
8. Idaho @ Montana
9. Pillow Fight: Kent State (1-5) @ Miami-Ohio (2-4)
10. Tie Breaker: Guess winner and final score: #15 Wisconsin @ #12 Michigan
Hello football fans. Your Pickled Pigskin Picker here. Hope you’re enjoying this early fall weather, even though it’s 90° here in the Mid-Mississippi Valley. Not really football weather, if you ask me. But you didn’t, and I said it any way. Oh, well. If you bothered to read this so far, you haven’t seen anything to do with the actual picks. So skip on down and see what’s in store this week, along with a title I’ve gone and given each game, mainly because the first game is actually called the Red River Showdown. Let’s see if Chas or Mumsee can get a third victory. Or maybe one of us other folks will get our chance to shine in the virtual glory of Pickledom
So, have at it. Just get those picks in by high NOON Eastern Time Saturday
1. The Red River Showdown: #19 Texas vs #7 Oklahoma @ the Cotton Bowl
2. The Swamp Rivalry: #5 LSU @ #22 Florida
3. The Other Florida rivalry?: Florida State @ #17 Miami
4. First Round Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy: Navy @ Air Force
5. “Because Mumsee Likes one of These Teams”: San Diego State @ Boise State
6. The “Who’s the Worst in Texas” game: UTSA @ Rice
7. A Game That Matters: #6 Notre Dame @ #24 Virginia Tech
8. “Who Doesn’t Want to be the Worst in the PAC-12”: California @ Arizona
9. Pillow Fight: Colorado State (1-4) @ San José State (0-4)
10. Tie Breaker (winner and final score): A team from Peter L’s State vs Chas’ State:
Week 5, folks! So far, Mumsee has won half the time, including last week. So, of course, she picked Boise State Broncos for the tie breaker. (I’m reminded of the theme from the old “Mr. Ed” TV show: “A horse is a horse, a horse of course…”) She manages to pick them whenever they play a team whose mascot is the Cowboy. Interesting.
Here’s the list for this week. We got better last week, with the low score being 6, instead of that being the high score. Get your guesses in by NOON Saturday, Sep. 29, 2018.
1. #20 BYU @ #11 Washington
2. #12 West Virginia @ #25 Texas Tech
3. Army @ Buffalo
4. Florida St @ Louisville
5. Virginia Tech @ #22 Duke
6. #4 Ohio St @ #9 Penn St
7. #7 Stanford @ #8 Notre Dame
8. South Carolina @ #17 Kentucky
9. Pillow Fight: Purdue (1-3) @ Nebraska (0-4)
10. Tie Breaker: Pick winner and final score: Boise St @ Wyoming