It’s getting to be crunch time. Most teams have played half their games. Many are out of contention for anything but bragging rights in a rivalry game. The Top 10 teams keep losing, so the playoff picture looks interesting. And we have had only one repeat winner.
So without any further ado, here are your choices for Week 8. Mumsee picked the tie breaker since she won last time. Or should I say, since Idaho Mike won for her. Send in those entries before 9:30PM EDT Friday, 10/20/17.
1. #10 Oklahoma State @ Texas
2. Purdue @ Rutgers
3. Louisville @ Florida State
4. Idaho @ Mizzou (Hint: Both teams are really bad this year.)
5. Temple @ Army
6. Pitt @ Duke
7. #20 Central Florida @ Navy*
8. #11 Southern Cal @ Notre Dame (This is the only big showdown this week. Should be exciting to watch.)
9. Pillow Fight: BYU @ East Carolina (Both teams have records of 1-6)
10. Tie Breaker – Pick the winner and the score: Air Force @ Nevada
It was a wild week in college football last week. Two top 10 teams lost to unranked teams. What will happen this week? Here are the choices you’ll have from which to pick. Janice picked an easy tie breaker. The hard part will be deciding how much of a blow-out it’ll be. I’ve made a few comments to maybe help those few who haven’t done too well lately.
1. Florida State @ Duke
2. South Carolina @ Tennessee
3. Kansas @ Iowa State (ISU knocked off Oklahoma last week in the biggest upset of the year so far.)
4. #10 Auburn @ LSU (Tigers vs Tigers. It’s hard to win in Baton Rouge if you are the visiting team.)
5. #12 Oklahoma @ Texas at the Cotton Bowl stadium (The Red River Rivalry continues. Can Oklahoma come back from the embarrassment?)
6. Navy @ Memphis
7. Appalachian State @ Idaho
8. Boise State @ San Diego State
9. UCLA @ Arizona
10. Tie Breaker: Baylor @ #14 Oklahoma State – Guess the score and the winner. (Hint: Baylor hasn’t won any games this year, though they almost beat Oklahoma. If they win this, it’ll be the biggest upset of the century.)
I think this will be a fun week to see who can guess the best, as most of these games are hard to pick. Sorry. It’s the end of the quarter at my school, and the middle of the season, so consider this the midterm exam.
Here we go again. Last week we improved from Week 4 with the lowest score being 6 out of 10 instead of 3 for 10. We’ll see how this one turns out. The fall is flying by. With October comes the end of the baseball season and the beginning of basketball and hockey. It’s also the time when football gets interesting. Teams start playing within their conferences and the competition gets tougher. Of course, this year the powers that be tried to make it more interesting at the beginning by scheduling power houses against each other, instead of all the early games being great teams having a practice game against also-rans. So, here are your choices this week.
Get those guesses in byFriday night, 10:00PM EDT.
1. Boise State @ BYU
2. Ole Miss @ #12 Auburn
3. #13 Miami @ FSU
4. AFA @ Navy
5. Army @ Rice
6. Arkansas @ South Carolina
7. KSU @ Texas
8. Arizona @ Colorado
9. B1G 10 Pillow Fight: Illinois (0-1) @ Iowa (0-2) These are conference records.
10. Tie Breaker: Guess the winner and the score – Michigan State @ #7 Michigan
Kevin doesn’t know if his tie breaker choice will be good for that, but I think it’ll definitely be the decider this week, as anything can happen when the Spartans and Wolverines go at it.