Prayer Requests 8-29-18

It’s Wednesday, so don’t forget Ajisuun and The Gambia.

Anyone else?

Psalm 20

May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
    may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary
    and grant you support from Zion.
May he remember all your sacrifices
    and accept your burnt offerings.
May he give you the desire of your heart
    and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy over your victory
    and lift up our banners in the name of our God.

   May the Lord grant all your requests.

Now this I know:
    The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
   He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
    with the victorious power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall,
    but we rise up and stand firm.
Lord, give victory to the king!
    Answer us when we call!

10 thoughts on “Prayer Requests 8-29-18

  1. Just learned that my sweet friend who worked at our store for over 18 years died today. She had a smile for everyone and will be missed. Yes, she does have a young, 6, daughter.

    Liked by 3 people

  2. I know he is “just a dog”. You all know he is so much more to me. My Boy Dog – Amos is now 10 years old. He was born with a deformity in his front, left leg. One bone grew the other did not. Years ago the vet told me he wasn’t in any pain; it didn’t seem to hurt him. In the last week or so he has started hobbling on it. Sometimes when I pick him up someplace on his body hurts and he yelps a little. He has a dry, hacking cough – almost like he is trying not to vomit. The vet we currently are using says he has reflux and has had him on prednisone and reflux medicine. When I search for information on-line, the symptoms don’t match up.
    I have an appointment for him Friday with a different vet. I was awake most of the night worrying about him. I want him to have a happy, healthy life. Selfishly I want it to last a few more years.

    Liked by 4 people

  3. Pray that I can clear up with my property manager the fees owed. They held out money for work that was being done. Then it never showed up on my statement, so I contacted them. Yes, the work was done. So they owed me some money. Well, I checked my bank, they refunded me all of the money without ever deducting for the work that was done. I emailed them last night, but he doesn’t seem to understand. Just says that there is no outstanding work orders. Aaaargh….

    Liked by 2 people

  4. Kim, 10 is so young for a small dog, that I imagine (and hope) that he has several good years left. May the vet be able to find and treat the problem!

    Tomorrow will be two years from when I put my sweet Misten down–hard to believe. I came to understand she would not live through winter, and even if she could, I must not ask her to–but she loved fall so much, I really wanted her to see one last fall. And then it was just “at least get her into September”–partly because September meant “fall,” but more because our older daughter had just married in early August, and I wanted her wedding month and Misten’s death month to be separated, partly for the sake of our younger daughter, who had just “lost” a sister and didn’t need to lose our dog, too. But it was not to be. I had to say goodbye in August. I do still think of her, and with bittersweet thoughts. She was such a sweet dog, such a stinker at times, and so lovely. But she really loved living in the country, and I didn’t really even think about moving back into town until she was gone. In a way, her death freed us to make this move–which we had to do for my husband’s sake (short term) and my own (long term, but best for me short term, too). We might have talked about it by now if she were still alive, anyway, but this move would not have worked well for an old dog, and I would not have wanted her to have to leave her country home, once she attained it. A couple of months after she died, it felt like “OK, maybe this ‘season’ is over,” and I talked to my husband about moving, presenting several different parts of the idea, and found out his thinking was very similar on all counts. (He’d had the same thoughts, but had been reluctant to bring them up to me, since some of them was contrary to some earlier conversations and things he knew to be important to me.) We didn’t end up moving in exactly the same way we talked about that day–we didn’t just move into town, but further south, more in keeping with those earlier conversations.

    Liked by 1 person

  5. Posted on Facebook, by Madison’s parents. You may remember she is the little girl (I think she is six now) with Down Syndrome and some serious health issues. She is still tube-fed, too.

    “Back in May Madison saw the nephrologist and the plan was to wait, watch and do another ultrasound of her kidneys and monitor any changes. If the swelling is worse she will need to undergo extensive testing to determine why her kidneys are failing. If it is unchanged she will continue to be monitored with ultrasounds and visits to make sure all is good.

    Tomorrow is the time where we meet nephrology again with an ultrasound and office visit to review what is going on. We do know the gallstones continue to cause her occasional pain and pray they go away at some point as she grows.

    She wasn’t able to do her normal dental cleaning Monday because of the possible kidney issues because the bacteria released from a cleaning could compromise her system. We knew that was an issue with the heart but she got clearance for cleanings but didn’t think kidneys. It’s nice to know we have a great team of doctors that are precautionary and pay close attention to every detail! We are praying this is nothing and just an anatomical issue she was born with and accidentally discovered. None the less God is in control and her beautiful story continues to unfold.”


  6. It’s too early for me to be up and maybe eventually I’ll go back to bed, but I’m having a hard time sleeping because of physical reasons as well as my mind not turning off once I do wake up. (If you are easily grossed out, don’t read any further, but if you know something about wound care, please do.) That wound on my knee still hasn’t healed up (two months now), and a doctor friend on Tuesday suggested antibiotic ointment. Well, I don’t know if I am allergic to it, or what, but I am putting it on three times a day (as he said), and it goes on OK . . . but until the next time I put it on, it runs continually, though at a small amount, and if I do not wipe it off as it runs, then the trails down my leg crust up (taking some pressure to remove, and leaving a reddish streak on the skin that goes away in a few hours). During the night I’m afraid to let my knee touch the sheet or anything else, lest it stick to it and harden, which limits how I can sleep. Last night, for instance, I slept (when I could) with my knee bent a bit so that I could keep it over the edge of the bed and have the sheet not cover it. That makes it hard to sleep on a couple of levels, partly just that it’s unnatural. But then I woke up and worried (again) about what is going on with it anyway. It keeps scabbing (sort of), but not ever turning into skin, and I’m afraid this ointment is simply mixing with that soft scab and slowly dripping. Last night, for instance, I put on the ointment at 9:00 or 10:00, and went to bed at maybe midnight. When I got up, I had some trails down my leg, but mostly I had a big patch to the side of it (“down” from a horizontal position). I wiped that all off, but now I have another thin wet line. I don’t know “where to go” from here.

    The wound came from a fall I took in June (the 25th); my husband and I were hiking in a state park, and on the last step down a group of stairs (with no hand rail) my feet slipped out from under me (the step had a few dry pine needles but was not wet), and I fell on my knees at the bottom. I was wearing long pants, which got scuffed but not torn, so my knee did not touch the trail, but my left knee got scuffed and my right bled. We cleaned it when we got home (a bit more than an hour later) with hydrogen peroxide, and put antibiotic ointment and a large bandage. I cleaned it again the next couple of days, and then once it seemed to be scabbed fine, I started just looking at it but not cleaning it or anything, just letting the scab do its thing. But then it started looking quite oozy (a couple of weeks later), and I cleaned it again, and what was left of the scab came off. I went to a clinic and was prescribed an ointment to rub on it and also an antibiotic pill, and finished that regimen some time ago. And since then the knee has continued to develop soft scabs that eventually come off, but it doesn’t actually heal up. Some of it may have healed, I’m not sure–the patch is not bigger and may be smaller than it started–but definitely it hasn’t gotten notably better. Several times I have thought it is finally healing now, it looks almost normal now, but when I shower (which I am now limiting to twice a week, to allow it to dry and heal) I see I’m back to the same thing: a soft scab that comes off easily, and regrows, but without leaving fresh new skin.

    Liked by 4 people

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.